Corporate, M&A, Capital Markets and Startups
Rodrigo Valverde worked as an associate at top-tier law firms in São Paulo and as in-house counsel at B2W Global Retail (“Submarino”) before founding his own law firm in 2009, and later partnering with Marcos M. Schroeder to form Schroeder - Valverde. He specializes in Mergers and Acquisitions, Venture Financing Startup Counseling, and Private Equity, in Brazil and abroad.
Languages: Portuguese and English.
Background & Relevant Projects
Mr. Valverde has extensive experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, general Corporate and Capital Markets law matters. He worked in a variety of transactions involving Corporate Restructuring, Venture Financing, Startup Counseling, and Private Equity. His practice also includes advising clients in the issuance of Equity and Debt instruments, Private Placements and structuring FIDCs and FIPs.
Relevant projects include representing:
- Submarino S.A., in the acquisition of Submarino Viagens, Ingresso. Com and Submarino Finance
- the founders of Easy Taxi, in the deal with Rocket Internet (Investment Fund)
- Submarino, S.A.in the merger with Americanas.Com S.A. (creation of B2W group)
- the controlling shareholders, in the sale of the controlling stake of Webphones S.A.
- Odontoprev S.A., in its IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- Patagônia Bank (ARG), in the launching in Brasil of BDRs (Brazilian Depositary Receipts)
- the underwriter, in the IPO of Cremer S.A.
- Grupo Gerdau S.A., in the issuing of Bonds in USA
- the underwriter, in a private placement of Banco Santander S.A.
- the company, in the issuing of debentures of Even S.A. construction company;
- the controlling shareholders, in the corporate restructuring of Grupo Educacional Fatene
- the controlling shareholders, in the structuring and corporate reorganization of Decolar.com
- Cyrela Brazil Realty S.A., in corporate restructuring and partial spin-off of assets related to corporate offices and shopping centers
- the founders of Vale Presente S.A., in the deal with Caixa Economica Federal
- the franchisees, in the negotiation and restructuring of CVC franchise model
- the controlling shareholders, in the resolution of a dispute between Brasil Travel S.A. and its shareholders
Education & Affiliations
- Mr. Valverde graduated from Universidade Católica de Salvador in 2004.
- He also has a Post-Graduate degree in Corporate Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo and a Masters degree in Political Law from Instituto Presbiteriano Mackenzie.
- He was admitted to the Brazilian Bar (OAB/SP) in 2005.