Carol Rego worked as a tax manager at Deloitte before joining Schroeder - Valverde in 2015. She specializes in Indirect and Corporate Tax, possessing a distinguished accounting and finance background and extensive expertise in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Languages: Portuguese and English.
Background & Relevant Projects
Mrs. Rego concentrates her practice in Indirect and Corporate Tax. She has worked in a variety of projects involving Tax Planning, Tax Credit Recovery, Tax Compliance Review and ERP implementation. Her practice also includes advising clients in Foreign Trade transactions and Transfer Pricing Rules.
Mrs. Rego has a large experience with international clients, mainly Japanese, since she has worked along with Deloitte´s Japanese Desk.
Relevant projects include representing:
- Submarino S.A., in the acquisition of Submarino Viagens, Ingresso. Com and Submarino Finance
- the founders of Easy Taxi, in the deal with Rocket Internet (Investment Fund)
- Submarino, S.A.in the merger with Americanas.Com S.A. (creation of B2W group)
- the controlling shareholders, in the sale of the controlling stake of Webphones S.A.
- Odontoprev S.A., in its IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- Patagônia Bank (ARG), in the launching in Brasil of BDRs (Brazilian Depositary Receipts)
- the underwriter, in the IPO of Cremer S.A.
- Grupo Gerdau S.A., in the issuing of Bonds in USA
- the underwriter, in a private placement of Banco Santander S.A.
- the company, in the issuing of debentures of Even S.A. construction company;
- the controlling shareholders, in the corporate restructuring of Grupo Educacional Fatene
- the controlling shareholders, in the structuring and corporate reorganization of Decolar.com
- Cyrela Brazil Realty S.A., in corporate restructuring and partial spin-off of assets related to corporate offices and shopping centers
- the founders of Vale Presente S.A., in the deal with Caixa Economica Federal
- the franchisees, in the negotiation and restructuring of CVC franchise model
- the controlling shareholders, in the resolution of a dispute between Brasil Travel S.A. and its shareholders
Education & Affiliations
- Mrs. Rego graduated from Universidade Salvador in 2007
- She also has a Post-Graduate degree in Tax Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo and a LL.M. degree in Tax Law from Insper São Paulo
- She was admitted to the Brazilian Bar (OAB/BA) in 2008